November 23, 2023
Program Associate (Full-Time)
The Damascus Road Foundation is seeking a full-time Program Associate to support the Foundation’s current grantmaking activities and give leadership to monitoring and assessing past granting activities.
The Damascus Road Foundation
The Damascus Road Foundation is a registered Canadian charity and private foundation (registration number 706656329RR0001). Established in 2017, having current assets of almost $200 million, and over $25 million in grant commitments made to date, the Foundation is focused on supporting Christian evangelistic efforts, particularly among those who have never had an opportunity to hear the good news of Jesus Christ.
To accelerate the proclamation of the gospel of Jesus Christ to the least reached people groups of the world.
In every people group in the world, there would exist:
- the Bible in their heart language,
- a clear, indigenous strategy for proclaiming the life changing message of Jesus; and
- a vibrant, thriving, and multiplying church (the body of Christ).
With God’s help and guidance, The Damascus Road Foundation supports efforts to evangelize unreached people groups.
- Being Spirit-led
- Being wise risk-takers
- Pursuing continuous improvement
- Being a catalyst for the Great Commission.
The Foundation is located in southwestern Ontario and, ideally, would see the Program Associate working within the Foundation’s office the majority of days during the work week.
Reporting to the Foundation’s Executive Director, the Program Associate will support the Executive Director, Program Officer, prospective applicants, and grantee partners as a point person for the Foundation’s granting processes and operations. The Program Associate’s responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Executive Director and Program Officer to review grant applications
- Supporting the Executive Director and Program Officer in preparing grant application materials for the Board
- Reviewing, analyzing, and summarizing annual reports from grantee partners
- Presenting to the Board an annual summary and analysis of past granting activity and relevant learnings to date
- Maintaining comprehensive and up-to-date data on applications, grants, reports, and grantee partners
- Communicating the Foundation’s granting decisions to applicants
- Developing and tracking the execution of grant MOUs
- Sending grants and supporting documents to grantee partners
- Producing reports for the Program Team and the Board of Directors on a regular basis
- Working with the Executive Director and Program Officer to develop and track timelines for content creation, editing materials, maintaining the Board portal, and coordinating feedback from the Board
- Reviewing literature to stay abreast of developments in relevant fields of work and geographic regions
Qualifications and Experience
A successful candidate will bring the following:
- An ability to manage processes and systems, both independently and with colleagues
- An ability to identify stakeholder needs, negotiate potentially competing priorities, and develop solutions
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in administration, operations, and/or project management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Grant Management or CRM Systems (preferred)
- A vibrant, prayerful, and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Demonstrated commitment to the Foundation’s purpose, mission, and values
- Ability to annually affirm the Damascus Road Foundation Statement of Faith
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, listening, and written communications skills.
- A joy for administration and planning
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to complete work with a high degree of accuracy and dependability
- Ability to work independently and with a team
Compensation and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with previous experience.
Qualified candidates are invited to send a cover letter, stating salary expectations, and their resume to Leanne Ferris, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Our first review of applicants will take place on January 2, 2024. The search will remain open until a suitable candidate is appointed.